Last Modified: February 9, 2012
The Short Version
The Long Version
1. The Information We Collect And Store
We may collect and store the following information when running the Service:
- Information You Provide. When you register an account, we collect some personal information, such as your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and billing address.
- Backups. We collect and store the files you upload, download, or access with the NodeSquirrel Service (“Backups”).
- Log Data. When you use the Service, we automatically record information about the Backup and your activity using the Services. This may include Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, website name, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, locale preferences, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your Backups, and other interactions with the Service.
- Cookies. We also use small data files (“Cookies”) to collect information and improve our Services. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Service. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Service. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Service.
2. How We Use Personal Information
Personal Information: In the course of using the Service, we may collect personal information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information is or may be used: (i) to provide and improve our Service, (ii) to administer your use of the Service, (iii) to better understand your needs and interests, and (iv) to personalize and improve your experience. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any of those communications, or update your account settings information.
Analytics: We also collect some information (ourselves or using third party services) using logging and cookies, which can sometimes be correlated with Personal Information. We use this information for the above purposes and to monitor and analyze use of the Service, for the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to verify users have the authorization needed for the Service to process their requests. As of the date this policy went into effect, we use Google Analytics for these purposes.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Your Use. We will display your Personal Information in your profile page and elsewhere on the Service according to the preferences you set in your account.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of NodeSquirrel's Rights. We may disclose to parties outside NodeSquirrel information about you that we collect when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request; (b) protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of NodeSquirrel or its users; or (d) to protect NodeSquirrel’s property rights.
- Non-private or Non-Personal Information. We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information, such as usage statistics of our Service.
4. Changing or Deleting Your Information
If you are a registered user, you may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided in your registration or account profile by changing your “account settings.” If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update or delete it by making the change on your account settings. In some cases we may retain copies of your information if required by law.
5. Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, you may delete your account here. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your information quickly upon request. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting information from our servers and backed-up versions might exist after deletion.
6. NodeSquirrel Support
Our Service may offer publicly accessible community services such as blogs, forums, and wikis. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Your posts may remain even after you cancel your account.
The security of your information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
9. Contacting Us